Monday, April 7, 2014

Tuscan turns Nautical in the best way possible

This is my OLD guest room.




Its Flippin Fugly I know. It used to be really amazing a long time ago when I first decorated it like this oh circa 2007. Well this tired room is getting a much needed facelift! First is the new colors Navy and Coral!!! I am obsessed with this color combination by the way!! I needed a dark enough color to cover the deep red that was there previously, and coral is everything right now, if you don't know this please come out from under that ROCK! Okay moving on to the wood wall, which I posted about, read more HERE. I wanted to do a wood wall in this room because it makes it feel rustic and totally shabby chic! I also have been using lots of gold accents to pull everything together!

I originally was just going to do really simple, with no theme just shabby chic and elegant, but as we started piecing the room together it became more and more apparent that it would be a nautical themed room. My original accent color had been aqua, but I found the most amazing lamp at Target, and gold became everything! I am still slowly piecing this room together and will be posting more and more about the room plus a couple tutorials as well, so make sure to check those out!

Til next time bitches!

The Stay at Home Bitch

No comments:

Post a Comment