Thursday, April 17, 2014

How To Do a {Picture Wall}

Hello my beautiful bitches! That would Stay at home bitches ;) I thought today i would impart some picture wall wisdom on you. I have a had quite a few picture walls in my time, I love how they look, most of all they make a statement and depending on how you do it, it can be a BIG one. When we moved into this house I knew I wanted to dod a picture wall on the biggest tallest wall in the house, and I did. It started out smallish, only ----- frames, and the words. I cut Cooper&CO with my cricut from a roll of flat black vinyl and Voila!


That was few a years ago,and It needed spruced up! So I drew out a plan, I do this quite often to so get used to it!

I like to do a sketch plan like this, it helps get the pictures up where they need to be the first time, it basically eliminates trial and error because that happens on paper and not with a million holes in the wall. Yes, yes it's because much marital upset could be avoided by drawing some squiggly lines on a piece of paper. your welcome. Okay next step is get a ladder and get to it, or in my case rope your husband into doing you a tiny favor (yes I know I'm evil) and let him be miserable for about 20 minutes, simple as that!

Your result should be similar to this.



It is always a good idea when doing a picture wall to stick to a theme, in any interior design themes are important, my theme is obviously black frames, my style is very contemporary, so black angular frames with B&W pics are my favorite look. Heading to pinterest to gather a few ideas is always a good idea as well.
 Here are few ideas from other blogs I found on pinterest
Like this Modern chic from Tatertots and Jello


Here is more shabby chic from Lavender and Lemondrops

And a more traditional feel from Better Homes & Gardens


Planning is your friend, it has taken me a very long time to accumulate this many black frames, it won't happen overnight. Also location, location, location I would never have spent so much time and effort to do this in a back room, that would never be seen. Picture walls can be a huge task but I always feel rewarded when a new guest comes over and the first thing out of their mouth is, "Oh my gosh that's gorgeous!" "how did you do that", you know it just makes me feel all tingly inside :)

Until next time bitches!

The Stay at home Bitch



No comments:

Post a Comment