Thursday, April 10, 2014

A {chocolate factory} birthday: Dessert Table

My oldest child Mr. Robert, insisted on having a Willy Wonka birthday party, I thought yay so much fun!, but that changed when I realized he had only ever watched the newer version with Johhny Depp and not the original (best) one with Gene Wilder. The new version is so lame and has no cool stuff, so I just went with the original version!! First I thought it would be fun to have some edible plants and suchlike in the movie, so I made these super simple by sticking flower and swirl lollipops into styrofoam balls covered in moss, and set on top of candle sticks. I loved how they looked and they were so quick and easy!







I also thought it would be super fun to have edible toadstools because that was one of my favorite parts of the movie, so I commissioned Fred Meyer, which is where I get some of my cakes made, to make me 3 cakes 2 that look like toadstools and one covered in sprinkles and gumballs! They do a really great job and are quite budget friendly.


We also had a chocolate fountain which was his only request, so I borrowed one from a friend, and it definitely made the party, everyone young and old loved the chocolate fountain! Just set up the chocolate fountain cut up all the different fruit and Viola!

Stay tuned for the rest of the party Next Week!

Until next time bitches,
The Stay at home Bitch

No comments:

Post a Comment