Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Boy fashion...make it work

Any mom who has boys will tell you what a limited selection you have to choose from when dressing boys. I like my kids to look cute and more often than not i dress them in a color scheme and/or overall theme. I dont do characters and i like a good skull and bones as well as the next stay at home bitch, but I wish boys fashion went beyond that.

Three things I do to keep my kids lookin fly is:
1. Each child has a signature look.
 Robert-looks great in neutral colors and classic lines, plaids, stripes and an overall professer look, so I dress him in lots of blue jeans and flannels, or collared shirts. Signature colors blue and brown. Asher-looks great in bright bold colors and pattern, skulls, guitars and an overall rockstar vibe, so i dress him in skinny jeans, corduroy, and bold t shirts. Signature colors turquoise and grey.
Jaxsen wears a lot of trendy clothes, vibrant prints and i like to mix patterns on him, so i dress him in lots of layers, and unexpected accessories. Signature colors black and neon green.

2. Stick to the same lines when dressing together. I am not a mom who dresses siblings like twins in the exact same outfit. They each have a different personality so i like to show that off. If we are all going out as a group I try to keep similar line, like all wearing no sleeve shirts, or all wearing sweaters, they don't match but they are carrying an overall look.

3. Play with textures. I love dressing my kids in coordinating patterns, and textures. Lots of print play and adding bow ties or vests do a lot for an outfit. I like to think of myself as a designer and they are wearing a collection from the same look.

When dressing boys have fun, add the unexpected, and always take their individual personalities into perspective.

 Happy Styling!



No comments:

Post a Comment