Monday, September 16, 2013

~Modern Housewife Monday~ Chores

I don't know about you, but in my house I am responsible for a fair amount of the household chores, and I honestly don't know how those housewives in the 50's did it; they must have been killing themselves! Well actually, they did have a lot less distractions (uh hum blogging, facebook, etc.), and maybe smaller houses?? Who knows, I just know that keeping my house somewhat clean is quite the task, so some chores do get delegated out. I am sure the most common man chore is taking out the garbage and recycling, and yes those are my husbands main responsibilities. He also helps with the dishes, and does pretty much any other chore I ask him to help me with. I noticed though, that the free labor that lives in the house had been seriously under utilized. SO, this modern housewife Monday is all about handing some chores out, to the little people in your house.

Vacuuming: My middle guy loves to vacuum he will run around with the vacuum in the playroom for 20 minutes or so, he also loves the steam mop!

Dusting: Old (clean) sock as dusting glove! I like to set the timer and make it a race!

Washing windows: I cannot stop my kids from doing this, honestly any task they get to use a spray bottle then wipe, they love! (I only use non toxic chemical free cleaners)

Unloading the dishwasher: Both Asher and Jax love to put away the silverware from the dishwasher, Asher will also put away any item that needs put away in his reach!

Laundry: This in my opinion is the best chore for the little people to help with! All 3 of my boys love to load the washer, switch it to the dryer, sometimes fold, and help put away. Great for the littlest to the bigger helpers!

What chores do your kids help with?

No comments:

Post a Comment