Sunday, July 22, 2012

Meeting my Brother

So I have a brother, he was a year old when his mom moved him to Texas and started evading my father and in turn myself and my sister. I talked to him on the phone only a handful of times growing up and received one photo when I was 15. Other than that no contact with him, until his mom started on a downward spiral resulting in losing custody of him. He is now living in Texas as a foster child, we are all hopeful he will be joining our family permanently and choosing to live with my dad! I made a special trip to Goldendale for the occasion and I was so happy to see him and introduce him to my kids, his nephews, and get to know this teenage boy i knew nothing about. I caught myself about to cry a few times talking to him, I had missed him so much and had never stopped loving him all these years. We went fishing, which he loves, and he cooked a huge seafood feast for us that was delicious, he wants to be a chef!! I am so happy to have him back in my life, his birthday is next week, he will be 15 years old. It is never too late to start a new life.


1 comment:

  1. I love you Sis, I can;t wait for Dillon to come home!

    With Love From Hollywood, Kier

    Fashion Addict
    Fashion Addict

    ReplyDelete